Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big Apple Tweed Ride



Last Sunday, I joined a dapper set of ladies and gentlemen riding their bikes dressed in the most impeccable style. The Big Apple Tweed Ride around my lovely neighborhood in Brooklyn. No one was able to accompany me, so I went on my own. I'm really glad I did. I don't often go to things on my own. I socialized in a way that was charming and open. Everyone was very supportive. When I mentioned that I'm trying to become a more avid biker, everyone was very supportive. It really made me think they understood the fact that integrating biking into one's life takes effort. An effort to change a mindset. A desire to want to be on the bike. A willingness to figure out how to make biking work for you, the individual. So, Sunday was lovely. It didn't rain, despite the threatening gray clouds. It was perfect Tweed weather.



I took Brittany out for this ride. I'll introduce her to you later. These lovely pictures were taken by Michael Calleia.



I'm very excited to take part in the 2010 Let's Go Ride a Bike Summer Games! This is my group ride, and what an amazing ride it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment