Saturday, June 26, 2010

I like this World Cup thing.


The World Cup has taken over my office. Brainstorms are cut short. The conference rooms are booked with fans watching. My co-workers have it open on their computer screens while working on PowerPoints. I thought I would finally watch a game, especially since USA hasn't done this well in ages. Brett and I rode to a local bar, Tavern on Dean, which sadly is closing due to landlord issues. So I raised a glass of beer and cheered team USA on, and shed a tear for the loss of a local watering hole. In support of the USA team, I decorated Brittany with an Americana scarf. One of the tasks for LGRAB Summer Games is to decorate a bike. I'm sad my extra spirit and decorations didn't help us move to the next round, but I did realize I like this whole World Cup thing.

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo, another cycling World Cup fan -- I like it! Too bad we couldn't make it through. Now I just have to decide who I'm rooting for in the Quarterfinals. :)

    ReplyDelete