Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tandem Bike Riding


On my birthday, Brett and I went to Governor's Island to enjoy a tandem bike ride. It was perfect! After a wonderful brunch, we biked over to the Brooklyn terminal and hop aboard a ferry to Governor's Island. Brunch, Bikes, Boats, and Brett... the four Bs! We rented a tandem bike and rode around the island for an hour. I'll admit, I'm not entirely cruiser ready, and my butt hurt after the ride, but what fun! Besides the yelling of "Tandem Bike Riding" every five seconds, and the occasional flash from my dress riding too high from the wind, I think Brett enjoyed it too! It was strange to have to pedal in conjunction with someone else. I did enjoy just being along for the ride. Brett rode in the front (both due to size, and lack of fear), and my one moment in the front terrified me. The whole leaning and directing a bike built for two was not in my bag of tricks. I'm glad to say, that I'm committed. I've even got Brett to promise that when we're old, we can have a tandem bike.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like lots of fun! Many people have advised me and my husband to buy a tandem, but I'm quite worried it would cause fights about control :)

    ReplyDelete